• Increase food buyer interest in Welsh food
• Showcase as many Welsh food producers as possible to food buyers at FML
• Showcase Welsh food to highlight the quality and taste by wowing food buyers with a food experience
• Tell the story of food producing in Wales
• Excite food buyers to become more interested in Wales and in turn Welsh food producers
The most successful way to tell the story, and show people Wales (without physically taking them there) is to use Virtual Reality (VR). The challenge with VR however, is that historically it is a singular experience. Therefore, we proposed utilising a 360 dome and projection mapping, to create a fully immersive space, to give the feeling of being in Wales.
Our immersive tech team travelled through Wales, capturing Welsh produce, visiting farms, factories and fishermen with one of our high spec 360 cameras. All content in the dome was shown in 8k to allow the stunning visual locations and landmarks from around Wales to be seen in crystal clarity.
As well as visual images of Wales, the VR experience indulged the audience with authentic sounds of Wales as well as dry ice aromas of the produce - giving food buyers a complete sensory experience.
For total immersion, we also matched the food with the locations - for example, showing a harbour / sea side setting for the fish course; rolling hills and grass covered valleys for the meat course. The dessert course, and the artisan food, utilised “fresh” locations such as waterfalls, vineyards.